Find your way
The following explains (1) how to get to the conference venue from your hotel, (2) how to get from the airport to your hotel or the conference venue.
The first day takes place in ‘Asia House’ which was built in 1898 and served as the headquarters of the Danish East Asiatic Company. The second day takes place at Copenhagen Business School in Porcelænshaven, which was formerly the Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Factory.
1. Getting to the two different conference venues
The conference takes place at two different venues: The first day of the conference takes place at Asia House, Indiakaj 16, 2100 Copenhagen Ø. The second day of the conference takes place at Copenhagen Business School, Porcelænshaven 26, 4. floor, 2000 Frederiksberg. The first day in Asia House there are three different options for transport:
- Public transport accompanied by a conference assistant: A conference assistant from CBS will be at each of the two hotels, Hotel Cabinn Scandinavia and SAS Radisson Falconer, 9 October at 8:35AM and will escort you to the conference venue. Participants who wish to take up on this opportunity should meet in the hotel lobby no later than 8:45AM Thursday morning.
- Public transport on your own: If you prefer to find your own way to Asia House do the following: take the metro to Nørreport Station. Shift to S-train going North (Direction: Hillerød, Holte, Farum, or Klampenborg). Get out at the next station: Østerport (all trains going North stops here), continue walking on the platform in the Northern direction (where your train is heading), go up the pedestrian bridge and take a right, cross the bridge to the road (Folke Bernadottes Alle), take a left about 200 meters and go to the right at the road: Indiakaj. Walk around 200 meters and you have the more than 100 years old Asia house on your right.
- Taxi: Book a taxi at your hotel and inform the taxi driver of the address. Depending on the distance the cost should not amount to more than some €20.
The second day at Copenhagen Business School there are three different options for transport:
- Public transport on your own: If you are staying at Cabinn Scandinavia you can walk from your hotel to the Forum metro station. Take the metro – direction Vanløse, and get off at Fasanvej/Solbjerg metro station (it is only 2 stops from Forum station). After you get off the metro, you have app. 7 minutes walk to get to Porcelænshaven 26, where you can take a lift to the 4th floor. The conference is held at rooms 407 and 408.
- If you are staying at the SAS Radisson Falconer Hotel, you can take a metro from Frederiksberg station – direction Vanløse, and get off on the next metro station (Fasanvej/Solbjerg). From there, you have 7 minutes walk to get to Porcelænshaven 26.
- Taxi: The conference venue is close to Cabinn Scandinavia and Radisson Falconer.
- SAS Radisson Falconer Hotel is within walking distance from the conference venue (see the map on the conference website).
2. Getting from Copenhagen Airport to your hotel
You can take public transport or a taxi from the airport to your hotel:
Public transport: the Metro in Copenhagen is quite new and well-run. It departs directly from the arrival hall at Copenhagen Airport and is faster and cheaper than a taxi. Metro trains depart every four minutes. The Metro station is located in Terminal 3. When you pass the customs and enter the arrival hall (terminal 3), you continue straight ahead to the opposite end of the terminal 3 where you can buy tickets for the metro at the DSB ticket counter. You need a three zones ticket (DKK 30 = app. 4 Euro) to go to the center. If you plan to stay in Copenhagen longer, purchase a “2-zone multi-ride ticket” for DKK 120. You will need to use two tickets from your multi-ride ticket to get to the center. There is a yellow ticket box on the platform where you can validate your multi-ride ticket before boarding the train. This multi-ride ticket can be used for any means of public transportation in Copenhagen. If you are going to Hotel Cabinn Scandinavia take the Metro direction Vanløse, and get off at the Forum Metro station. The hotel is a 2 minutes’ walk from the Metro station. Total travel time by Metro from the airport to the hotel is about 20 minutes and the price is app. DKK 30 for a one way ticket. If you are going to SAS Radisson Falconer take the Metro direction Vanløse, and get off at the Frederiksberg Metro station. The hotel is a 3 minutes’ walk from the Metro station. Total travel time by Metro from the airport to the hotel is about 20 minutes and the price is app. DKK 30 for a one way ticket. For an overview of the two Metro lines, timetable, information about tickets etc. visit: http://intl.m.dk/
Taxi: a taxi from the airport to the hotel/CBS will cost about DKK 250-300 with a travel time of about 30-50 minutes.